Terms & Conditions as of 10 NOV 2021
The term ‘Kakadu Tours and Travel’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- Credit card payments incur a 1.5% fee.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- This website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Australia.
- Rates are all in AUD – Australian dollars. Booking fees may apply for private charters.
- Booking Conditions and Cancellation policies are different for each tour. Kakadu Tours and Travel as an agent has separate Terms and Conditions and in the event of a Global disaster or Government Restrictions a credit will be issued for tours, credit amounts will vary depending on the cancellation policy and that will be emailed to you prior to any payment being accepted. When an enquiry is sent using the Book Now Button we will email you asap availability, cost and booking conditions for each tour. Validity date will differ depending on the operator and in line with their cancellation policy. Credits do not include any increase in cost of the tour when you choose to re book. Difference in cost will be an additional cost to the client.
- Cancellations must be made during the hours of 9 am – 5 pm Monday to Friday and excluding public holidays.
- Cancellations may incur additional administration and credit card fees or loss of deposit by the operator or booking agent.
- All tour rescheduling / rebooking will be subject to price increases which will be payable by the client. All tours are subject to itineraries, minimum age restrictions and fitness level advice. If you find the tour you booked no longer suits your needs or has been discontinued you will be required to choose an alternative tour.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
To manage your enquiry, reservation and booking.
To manage your stay or tours at our partner hotels or tour providers.
To improve our services including to better understand your needs and requests and to tailor our products and services to better suit your desires.
To send you emails, newsletters, promotions and marketing material about offers or to contact you by telephone.
To secure and improve your use of our services.
To comply with any obligations imposed on us by law.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect information from you which is:
General information: this is information which is anonymous data that we use to analyse trends for general use and to help us understand the needs of our customers so that we can improve the quality of your stay with us. General information includes the number of room nights booked and used, where guests are from, room rates, age, gender, purpose of travel and whether the booking is made by telephone, through a booking agency or through our website and services used by guests during their stay our hotel/s.
Personal information: Personal Information is any information that personally identifies you such as your name, age and date of birth, home address, contact telephone numbers and email address, your driver’s licence and passport, your credit card details, your company name if the travel is for business purposes, your car registration number and how the account will be settled. We may obtain from you whether you have any dietary requirements, room preferences, disabilities or other lifestyle information. While staying with us, we may record the number of times you have stayed, telephone numbers dialled, movies watched, room service ordered, third party bookings which we arrange at your request such as tours and other information you supply to us. Personal information may be collected from you if you make an enquiry by telephone, email, via our websites, when you make a reservation or at the time of check in or check out or as a result of your dealings with us during your stay at our hotel/s. Personal information may be collected from a partner organisation, booking agency, a tour operator or an internet reservation system to whom you have provided your Personal Information to make a booking at our hotel/s. Personal information may also be collected from you if you enter a competition run by us, if you reply to a survey conducted by us, in communications with us or our staff, before, during or after your stay or if you attend an event, function or conference at our hotels. Kakadu Tours and Travel uses social media to communicate with guests and the public at large. Any information which you disclose to Kakadu Tours and Travel through social media may be collected by Kakadu Tours and Travel.
In order to provide you with our services, we keep track of how you interact with links. This includes links in emails we send you and links that appear on our website. The following information is logged for statistical purposes when you look at our website;
server address / IP address
the date and time of your visit to our site
the pages you accessed
your top-level domain name
the documents you downloaded
the previous website you have visited
the type of browser you are using to access our website
if you have visited our website before
the type of device you are using
Links to other websites
Sensitive information is information about your origin, diet, medical conditions, phone number or address.
Sharing and Dealing with your Personal Information
If you provide Personal Information to us we will only use or disclose that information for the purposes of our business unless:
You consent to the use or disclosure of your Personal Information; or
You would reasonably expect that we will use or disclose your Personal Information for that purpose as, for example, making a booking on your behalf with an external service provider; or
As otherwise required by law or permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles.
Kakadu Tours and Travel.uses third party operators. Your Personal Information may be provided to them solely for the purposes described above.
You can object to us using your Personal Information as described in this Policy. However, if you do, Kakadu Tours & Travel may not be able to provide you with the service requested or only on conditions such as, for example, requiring a cash deposit or bond if you do not wish to provide your credit card.
You may request that you do not receive direct marketing communications from us. If you make a request, we will respond to that request as soon as reasonably practicable.
You may request that your Personal Information is not provided to our partner organisations.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to take reasonable precautions to protect the security of your Personal Information. This includes limiting access to our computer systems by use of passwords and other security devices and to prevent unauthorized access, modification, use or disclosure and backup systems to prevent accidental or malicious loss of data or information.
We will take such steps as are reasonable to destroy any Personal Information that we have about you if there is no longer any need for us to keep that information.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS, CORRECT OR DELETE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any information which we hold about you and use is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant. Please keep in mind if you make a request to delete your Personal Information and that Personal Information is necessary for our services you wish to purchase, the request will be honoured unless it is a requirement for legitimate business purposes or legal and contractual record keeping purposes.
We will provide you with access to any Personal Information that we hold about you without charge.
Access can be obtained by emailing [email protected] or writing to PO Box 285, Jabiru NT 0886.
Manager, Email [email protected]
Write to: PO Box 285, Jabiru NT 0886
IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT
Australian Privacy Principles
If you are interested in obtaining further information about the Australian Privacy Principles, you can visit the Australian Government website at https://www.business.gov.au/Planning/Industry-information/Tourism-industry