3 Day Kakadu 4wd Tour
3 Day Kakadu 4wd Tour Departs Darwin: Every Monday, Wednesday and, Saturday between May and October.
Introduction: Save $40! Now only $590 per person. This tour is great value and popular with backpackers and younger travellers. Explore the wilderness of Kakadu National Park on a 3 day Kakadu 4wd tour adventure! You’ll see all the main attractions such as Jim Jim falls, Twin Falls and Ubirr Rock. Combine small groups, great walks and 4wds, this is a great Kakadu tour for those looking for a bit of excitement and adventure!
Group Size: 9 – 16
Price: Normally $630 per adult. Due to the nature of our tours and the group dynamics we do not take persons under the age of 18 years.
(includes park fee)
Difficulty: Designed for the fit and active, a reasonable level of fitness is required.
We Provide: All food and water, tents and swags, transportation, tour guide, wildlife cruise and camp fees. Sleeping bag hire $15 per person or you may bring your own.
- We start our Kakadu tour by heading straight for a wildlife cruise with crocodiles and bird watching. Fantastic photo opportunities.
- Then we commence the drive toward Kakadu National Park.
- A picnic lunch on the East Alligator rivers bank (not too close!) with the opportunity to spot some crocs and flying foxes.
- Then on to the world famous Ubirr Rock in the north of the park. Ancient rock art and staggering 360º views over the Nardab floodplain.
- Dinner and camping under the stars in the heart of Kakadu at our safari camp.
- Toilets and Showers at Garnamarr. (L,D)
- After breakfast we do some 4 Wheel driving to Twin Falls. From here we take the escarpment walk to the top of the falls for a swim in the crystal clear pools away from the crowds.
- Then we’ll find a shady spot by Jim Jim Creek for some lunch.
- A short climb up Budjimi Lookout will reward you with spectacular views of the ancient Arnhem land escarpment.
- After lunch, a 1km walk through monsoonal vine forest to the base of Jim Jim Falls for a relaxing afternoon swimming in the plunge pool and resting on the beach.
- Tonight we camp at Garnamarr, at the base of the escarpment. Tonight we replenish ourselves with the Great Aussie BBQ including a taste plate of Crocodile, Buffalo and Kangaroo.
- Showers and toilets available. (B,L,D)
- An early start as we head to the Warradjan Cultural Centre to learn more about the local Aboriginal people of Kakadu.
- We then make our way to Barramundi Gorge (Maguk) for a 1km walk through towering paperbarks and crystal clear waters for a refreshing swim in the plunge pool.
- Heading home after a fantastic tour along the old Jim Jim road stopping of at White Lily billabong for our last look at Kakadu National Park and a stretch of the legs.
- We return to Darwin approximately 6.30pm ending our 3 Day Kakadu 4wd Tour. (B,L)
- Itinerary may be done in reverse at Guides discretion.
All itineraries are subject to change without notice due to seasonal and extreme weather conditions, national park road or attraction closures and cultural commitments from Traditional owners. All tours must be reconfirmed 24 hrs prior to travel.
Att: Our 3 Day Kakadu 4wd Tour is most suitable for ages between 18 and 45, however those older than this range can be taken into consideration.
What to Bring:
- Good walking shoes or boots.
- Insect repellent
- A wide brimmed sun hat
- Long sleeve light shirt for sun protection
- 1 litre water bottle for drinking
- Swimming costume and a towel
- Light comfortable clothing
- A jacket (mainly for June, July and August nights)
- Medication and other personal requirements
- A sense of humour
- Sleeping bag (can be hired for $15, please advise when booking)
- Luggage is strictly restricted to 10 kilos per person